Communications, public affairs, and social media strategist with experience serving nonprofits, news outlets, agencies, and non-governmental organizations. Earned a Bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
3/2020 – PRESENT
Public Affairs Officer
- Serve as a key government relations liaison for local, state and federal elected officials.
- Coordinate grassroots activity and communications around community, legislative and electoral issues.
- Support the VP of Community & Government Relations and Director of Public Affairs with fundraising and special events planning.
- Support PPNorCal Action Fund’s political and electoral plan, including candidate endorsements and field activity.
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with relevant organizations and community partners.
BLUE STATE DIGITAL 11/2018 – PRESENT
Associate Strategist, Content & Campaigns
- Executing email calendar and triggered emails, as well as writing graphic and landing page copy. Creative concepting, narrative arc, calendaring, audience segmentation plan, testing, and optimizing.
- Co-leading development of email and social media strategies, calendars, and content.
- Building email campaigns on internal tools and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Writing website and email copy for clients ranging from nonprofits and brands.
CENTER FOR URBAN EDUCATION ABOUT SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE 10/2017 -11/2018
- Manage CUESA’s online communications channels, creating content that
supports and advances CUESA’s mission and strategic goals.
- Create on-brand visual communications and collateral pieces to support
CUESA’s programs, farmers markets, and fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with Communications Director and other staff to develop
editorial calendar and key messages, and craft fresh and relevant content
to engage CUESA’s audiences.
- Participate in and support CUESA’s marketing and outreach efforts.
- Support Communications Director in marketing, advertising, PR, and
outreach efforts, build and maintain outreach and media lists, and develop
relationships with partners.
- Participate in CUESA’s on-site events and off-site community outreach
activities, serving as an organizational representative.
- Participate in strategic planning with Communications Director and
CUESA staff to advance organizational goals related to communications,
branding, and messaging.
SCLERODERMA RESEARCH FOUNDATION, San Francisco, CA 4/2017 – 8/2017
Development and Communications Associate (TEMPORARY)
FOX10 PHOENIX (KSAZ), Phoenix, AZ 6/2016 – 11/2016
Social and Digital Media Producer
- Social Media Content Creation: Conceptualized and created daily content for our Twitter (173,000+ followers) and Facebook (1 million+ likes) based off of current events and breaking news locally, nationally and internationally. Averaged about 20 Facebook posts (including about 2 Facebook live events a day) and 30 tweets a shift.
- Web Content Creation: Wrote and published articles through our content management system (Lakana) for fox10phoenix.com.
- Copy editing and writing: Solid news judgment, knowledge of print-style writing, AP style, copy editing and editorial gathering in order to create the best content for our website that we could later share on all social media channels.
- Trend Research: Stayed up-to-date with the latest trends in the social media realm and the latest feature updates in order to optimize our reach with our audience.
WORLD WILDLIFE FUND, Washington, D.C. 9/2015 – 5/2016
Social Media Assistant
- Content Creation: Created daily content for our Twitter (700k+ followers), Facebook (2 million+ likes) and Instagram (380k+ followers) based off our initiatives and campaigns as well as maintained an editorial calendar.
- Research: Compiled media contact lists, both organically and using Vocus, for the distribution of press materials and campaign outreach.
- Staff Support: Provided staff support as a full-time intern to a team of 15 staff and directors during several international campaigns, including the COP 21 United Nations climate talks in Paris and Earth Hour for the world’s largest conservation organization.
- Social Media Monitoring and Analytics: Analyzed trends on social media to maximize on opportunities where we could add to the conversations with our campaigns and initiatives. Identified key Twitter influencers to engage with for campaigns and outreach purposes. Tracked media coverage hits in the news or in social media.
- Writing: Created blog posts daily, using CMS, to update our supporters on the progress of the climate deal during the United Nations Paris climate talks. Pitched new reports and campaigns to third-party media.
- Internal Communications: Created a weekly internal newsletter on the latest media coverage of our initiatives and campaigns for more than 600 staff members.
- Contact Management: Maintained a database with more than 500 celebrity contacts for past and future targeted digital marketing campaigns.
- Media Pitching: Pitched new updates, reports and campaigns to local and national media.
U-HAUL INTERNATIONAL, Phoenix, AZ 10/2013 – 8/2015
Social Media & Marketing Intern
- Content Creation: Created engaging content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, WordPress and Pinterest to drive traffic to our company’s online sites
- Social Media Strategy: Assisted in creating strategies to carry out campaigns and goals effectively through social media platforms for a Fortune 500 company
- Brand Awareness: Helped build awareness about the company’s sustainable initiatives and practices
- Blogging: Wrote blog posts through WordPress that helped our customers use our products and understand our company
- Pitched story and social media content ideas
AUDUBON SOCIETY, Phoenix, AZ 1/2015 – 5/2015
- Marketing: Implemented grassroots strategies to help market special spring events and programs at the Nina Mason Pulliam Rio Salado Audubon Center.
- Social Media Strategy: Created social media strategies for Twitter and Facebook to better promote Audubon Arizona’s conservation campaigns and spring events
- Outreach: Conducted research and outreach in neighboring schools and the surrounding community of the Phoenix metropolitan area.
- Writing & Editing: Wrote press releases for our upcoming events and campaigns
- Conducted social media seminars to educate staff and explain why social media is an integral part of any marketing campaign.
OCEANS CAMPUS, South Africa 6/2014 – 7/2014
Environmental Journalism Intern
- Reporting: Collected and analyzed information about environmental news and events via interviews, investigation, or observation.
- Writing: Wrote stories suitable for print and broadcast news outlets worldwide.
- Research: Interacted and observed endangered species in their native South African habitats.
UNIVISION, Phoenix, AZ 8/2012 – 12/2012
- Served at the #1 ranked news station in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
- Newsroom Support: Assisted producers, assignment desk editor and video librarian; tasks included story set-up, beat checks, wire copy, basic research logging, copy editing and story pitching.
CBS RADIO, Phoenix, AZ 5/2012 – 8/2012
- Professional Mentorship: Learned about the different fields within the radio world and shadowed radio talent and members of the digital/social media department
- Online and Social Media Monitoring: Assisted with managing content on their social media platforms and web pages.
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication & Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ
Class of 2015
-Proficient in Spanish – Final Cut Pro – Adobe Premiere – WordPress
-Vocus – Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) – Photoshop – InDesign