Government affairs and communications strategist with experience serving nonprofits, community-based organizations, and government agencies. Earned a Bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
SAN FRANCISCO DEPARTMENT ON THE STATUS OF WOMEN 3/2022 – PRESENT
Program Manager, Health & Safety
- Assists in the development, coordination and implementation of programs to enhance the well-being of women and girls in the City and County of San Francisco; implements and coordinates the work and activities of assigned projects; monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs and projects.
- Implements and coordinates the work and activities of grants and grant recipients; monitors compliance with grant terms; prepares progress reports; works closely with grant partners to meet the goals and objectives of the grants.
- Works with program staff, City departments and agencies and community-based organizations to enhance communication between City departments and interested parties; ensures coordination of services and development of policy where needed.
- Conducts research, gathers and analyzes information and statistical data on issues and legislation affecting women and girls; identifies new and emerging issues; develops strategies and makes recommendations for policy.
- Trains and supervises the work of student interns and junior staff.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD NORTHERN CALIFORNIA 3/2020 – 3/2022
Public Affairs Officer
- Served as a key government relations liaison for local, state, and federal elected officials to amplify PPNorCal’s mission and efforts.
- Coordinated grassroots activity and communications around community, legislative, and electoral issues.
- Collaborated with VP of Community & Government Relations and Director of Public Affairs for fundraising and special events planning.
- Supported PPNorCal Action Fund’s political and electoral plan, including candidate endorsements and field activity.
- Developed strong, long-term relationships with relevant organizations and community partners through championing healthy communities, increased access to quality health care, and reproductive freedom.
- Coordinated the department’s inaugural Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Taskforce.
BLUE STATE 11/2018 – 3/2020
Associate Strategist, Content & Campaigns
- Executed and optimized progressive digital fundraising programs and created marketing campaigns for top nonprofits.
- Maintained deep knowledge of social, political, and economic issues that impacted my clients.
- Executed email calendars, action alerts, and triggered emails; wrote graphic and landing page copy.
- Creative concepting, narrative arc, calendaring, audience segmentation planning, testing, and email optimization.
- Developed email and social media strategies, calendars, and content for retention and growth of audiences.
- Built email campaigns on internal CMS (EveryAction, BSD Tools) and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Wrote website and email copy for clients ranging from nonprofits to top brands.
CENTER FOR URBAN EDUCATION ABOUT SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE 10/2017 – 10/2018
- Created a strategic plan to advance organizational goals related to communications, branding, and messaging.
- Developed editorial calendar and key messages, crafted fresh and relevant content to engage CUESA’s audiences.
- Implemented social media plan and managed/monitored platforms on a daily basis.
- Managed CUESA’s online communications channels, creating content to advance CUESA’s strategic goals.
- Researched, wrote, and edited web articles, blog posts, and other communications materials.
- Managed website updates and production of email newsletters and campaigns.
- Designed web graphics, print brochures, flyers, banners, educational signage, seller signs, ads, displays, and merchandise to support programs and events. Developed, updated, or adapted materials as needed according to style guidelines, ensuring consistency in voice and visual identity.
- Supported development efforts and communications through production of annual appeal materials, annual impact report, sponsorship decks, and other fundraising-related content and collateral.
- Created or adapted graphics, signage, and collateral for all fundraising events. Supported event marketing, and developed and distributed promotional materials and tools to partners.
- Participated in CUESA’s on-site events and off-site community outreach activities, serving as an organizational representative.
SCLERODERMA RESEARCH FOUNDATION 3/2017 – 8/2017
Development and Communications Associate
- Directly supported the Director of Development, Executive Director, and Board of Directors in helping execute fundraising strategies that increased organizational revenue and supported program growth.
- Assisted with social media content creation on various platforms and other communication activities.
- Provided event support for key fundraising activities including donor relations and special events/galas.
- Conducted preliminary donor research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Created written materials, proposals, donor-related publications, and email newsletters using Constant Contact.
KSAZ News 6/2016 – 11/2016
Digital and Social Media Producer
- Conceptualized and created daily social media content for Twitter (173k+ followers) and Facebook (1 million+ likes) related to current events and breaking news locally, nationally, and internationally. Averaged about 20 Facebook posts (including 3 Facebook livestream events a day) and 30 tweets a shift.
- Wrote and published web content through their content management system (Lakana).
- Solid news judgment, knowledge of print-style writing, AP style, copy editing, and editorial gathering in order to create the best content for their website that could be repurposed for all social media channels.
- Stayed up-to-date with the latest trends in the social media realm and the latest feature updates in order to optimize reach with their audience.
WORLD WILDLIFE FUND 8/2015 – 5/2016
Social Media Fellow
- Created and managed daily social media content for Twitter (700k+ followers at the time of employment), Facebook (2 million+ likes at the time of employment) and Instagram (400k+ followers at the time of employment) related to their initiatives and campaigns, and maintained an editorial calendar.
- Supported a team of 15 staff and directors during several international campaigns, including the COP 21 United Nations climate talks in Paris and Earth Hour for the world’s largest conservation organization.
- Analyzed trends on social media to maximize opportunities where the organization could add to the conversations with their campaigns and initiatives. Identified key Twitter influencers to engage with for campaigns and outreach purposes. Tracked media coverage hits in the news or in social media.
- Wrote blog posts daily, using CMS, to update supporters on the progress of the climate deal during the United Nations Paris climate talks.
- Created a weekly internal communications newsletter on the latest media coverage of initiatives and campaigns for more than 600 staff members.
- Media Pitching; pitched new updates, third-party content, reports, and campaigns to local and national media.
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication & Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ
Class of 2015
VOLUNTEER & APPOINTMENTS
-ACLU SF Chapter Volunteer Board Member (2018-2020)
-Run For Something Local Campaign Digital Communications Volunteer (2018)
-Commissioner on the Status of Women for the City of San Francisco (2021-2022)
-Proficient in Spanish – Final Cut Pro – Adobe Suite – WordPress-EveryAction – Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) -Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Builder